As a client you have access to my personal lending library. I have the following books and DVDs for you to utilize as you prepare for birth.
- Birth Into Being
- Business of Being Born
- Organic Birth
- Why Not Home?
- Blooma be Well Prenatal Yoga with Sarah Longacre of Blooma
- A.M./P.M. Prenatal Yoga with Sarah Longacre of Blooma
- Timeless Way: A History of Birth from Ancient to Modern Times
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin
- The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin
- Mindful Birthing by Nancy Bardacke
- Childbirth Without Fear by Grantly Dick-Read
- The Natural Pregnancy Book: Herbs, Nutrition, and Other Holistic Choices by Aviva Jill Romm
- Witches, Nurses, & Midwives by Barbara Ehrenreich and Deidre English
- In the Spirit of Homebirth: Modern Women, An Ancient Choice by Brownyn Preece
- Meredith Westin Photography-My favorite local birth photographer! She captures the raw beauty and intensity of birth in any setting! She blends in well to any birth team as her presence is calm and reassuring.
- Why hire a doula?-An article from Evidence Based Birth highlighting the benefits of hiring a doula
- Blooma–A local resource offering prenatal yoga, childbirth education, new mama groups, and wellness services
- Enlightened Mama– A local resource offering childbirth education, new mama groups, and wellness services
- BabyLove– A local resource offering childbirth education and a variety of other prenatal and postpartum services
- Childbirth Collective– A local resource offering a list of local birth professionals who support women and families during the childbearing year ranging from midwives to birth photographers
- Spinning Babies– A fantastic resource created by a local midwife that navigates different methods of acheiving optimal fetal postioning.
- Science & Sesnsibility-A research blog about healthy pregnancy, birth, and beyond from Lamaze International
- Evidence Based Birth-A blog with articles highlighting evidence based information pertaining to a variety of pregnancy and birth topics
- La Leche League-International organization with an established philosophy of mothering through breastfeeding
- Water Birth International-A great resource for those with interest in a water birth
- Gentle Cesarean Birth– An article from Wellness Mama highlighting ways you can enhance your cesarean experience
- Mothering Magazine- A resource for natural family living
- Babywearing International– is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to promoting babywearing as a universally accepted practice, with benefits for both child and caregiver.
- Placenta Wise-Research Studies Supporting Placenta Encapsulation